Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Someone

Someone.
Anyone.
Please.
Intervene on my behalf.
It's a living hell here.
Broken chairs,
Clothes across the floor,
Glass in my feet.
Shouts through the ceiling.
She comes crying past me.
How many times have I seen her cry this year?
This is wrong, all wrong.
I'm the cry-baby here.
C's the trouble-maker.
But she's the genius!
Don't leave me all alone,
In that intoxicating school,
No one to talk to
And no one I want to talk to.
The shouts escalate.
Please
for just one night,
SHUT THE HELL UP.
Useless, the lot of us.
But I'm the most pathetic of them all
Sitting here
Typing away on the computer
Blurting my problems on the internet.
What else am I supposed to do?
Too much of a coward to stand up
And voice my own opinion.
What good will one more scream do?
The shouting stopped.
Someone's coming to the door,
The problem's chasing after me.
Please.
Please.
Go away.
I don't want to deal with it.
Somebody.
Anybody..?

No comments: