Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Real" Vacation Day 2

I know I'm supposed to finish Day 1, but I'm too damn freaking lazy.  Just want to take a bath then GO TO SLEEP.  San Francisco does this to me.  And dude, it's cold. I thought the bay area was supposed to have mild weather? I don't call this mild!!  Well, then again, I've been wearing short sleeves and a mini skirt all day, so what else should I expect...

So stopped by the Cedar House Cafe on our way to San Francisco. I don't know the exact location, but if you driving on I-580 (I believe that's what we were on)  then you should definitely stop by.  They have top quality beef.  I got the Mushroom Burger from the Lunch Menu.  It was a bit too big for me (which is a good thing), and came with a salad and some pretty good French fries.  I gotta tell ya-- one of the the best burgers I've had in my entire life.  The view of the garden outside was gorgeous, and the place had a really nice atmosphere... so fresh! Good songs playing in the background (the only one I recall is "Upside Down" by Jack Johnson).  According to my dad, the place is packed during dinner, which just goes to show that the locals know where the good stuff is.  So yeah.  Stop by there sometime.





We're staying at the La Quinta Hotel in South San Francisco tonight, simply because my dad gets a discount for it (his job has many benefits).  Becca and I got our own room; it's pretty freaking awesome.  The bathroom is huge and so is the TV.  Right now I'm watching The Nanny.  I love this show!  It's the episode where she's dating the famous (superstitious) sports star.

Anyway, the reason why I posted this photo is because you always see bands posting photos of hotel hallways when they're on tour.  Granted, you also see the heads of their hot band mates, but whatever.  Oh, speaking of British people (did I...?) , my dad was talking to some guy on the train about stuff to see in San Francisco.  Yeah, that guy was totally British.  And he spoke in German to his friends on the phone.  You know my fangirl antenna was going crazy there.  It's like Kyoko from Skip Beat with her anger and vengeance demon mini-Kyokos (what do you call those?).


On my way back to our hotel room.  Cab drivers in San Francisco are pretty cool, although the one who drove us into Chinatown reminded me of Jet Li in that one crappy movie Romeo Must Die. My dad made some crack about gay people and the guy replied, "Haha, you funny sir" very dryly.  Not because he was gay but probably because he was Chinese and my dad was a white devil sitting right next to him.

Anyway, don't turn around when you're about to board CalTrains. I did and almost ran into a hot guy in suit.  Actually, I did run into him-- he purposely bumped into me. (>///////<)

This is why I love San Francisco.

I saw a lot of Neil Caffrey-type character walking down the streets of San Francisco.  For that reason, I was able to withstand the cold in my mini skirt.  I'm such a country bumpkin.

Okay, I want to take a shower in that gigantic bathtub, so that's all for now folks. See ya some other time.

No comments: