Saturday, July 23, 2011

The End of Usagi Drop (Spoilers Included)

So the last chapter of Usagi Drop came out on Mangareader.  It feels rather... anti-climatic.  I was hoping for more action.  I mean, I'm glad she gets together with Daikichi (because I totally support taboo relationships-- but only in fiction!) but this doesn't feel like an ending at all.  All we know is
- Kouki gives up and is going to move away for university.
- She wants to have Daikichi's child.
- They will get married.
What about what everyone else will say?  Shouldn't the author include how the mother's going to react, not just show how Daikichi wonders about it?  And doesn't it seem like Daikichi doesn't really love her? I want to read how he falls madly in love with her... romantically!  Otherwise, it just looks like Daikichi submitted to her, that he didn't want to hurt her feelings.  I also want to see the wedding! Are they going to have a bridal gown and all, or will they just sign the papers? (Probably the latter, right?)

Well, whatever.  The author must've just not wanted to show the rest.  All in all, it was nice while it lasted. There was always this calm feeling I got whenever I read an update from Usagi Drop.

Fare thee well!

No comments: