Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Eagerly anticipating the end of finals week.

So summer classes are finally coming to a close, and I just couldn't be happier.  Especially since my high school doesn't start back up for another month. |\(^_^)/| My parents said we're going on a real vacation after college classes let out; I'm hoping we go to San Diego, so I can make it to Comic-Con.  Then again, I don't really have any money, so even if I go to Comic-Con, I couldn't do anything.  So maybe I'll save my First-Big-Convention experience for later days.

My brother and his family have been gone and in Hawaii for a few days now; back home, their presence is sorely missed.  My mom keeps saying how much she wants to feed her adorable little granddaughter again. It's always "Aubrey! Aubrey!" all day long.  Kinda like a ghost.  But then, considering just how cute and adorable my six-month-old niece was, my mother's sentiments are completely understandable.

Anyway, I haven't really been reading much manga for the last few days because I've had to write all these essays.  Yesterday my six-page paper for my Eastern Religions class was due; I didn't sleep for 30 hours in order to get it done.  The only reason why I didn't pass out by Hour 25 was because I blasted some pretty damn good music.  I'd like to thank the following songs and artists for helping me survive that terrible time:

the only night - ion love
ask me anything - the strokes
the world is against you - the sea and cake
the things that i used to do - g. love & special sauce
starman - david bowie (this was really a life saver)
hello - lionel richie
love is a battlefield - pat benatar
cold war - the morning benders
coming into los angeles- arlo guthrie
I Constantly Thank God For Esteban - Panic! at the Disco
say it ain't so - weezer
the legionnaire's lament - the decemberists
Queen - don't stop me now
laughing with - regina spektor
for what it's worth - buffalo springfield


Even though I had about 14 pages worth of essays to write this last weekend, I did find time to read my beloved manga and webcomics.  I'm mostly sticking with updates ("Usagi Drop", "Yankee-kun to Megane-chan", "Goong", and "Orange Marmalade", FTW!") but I have started to read some new series.  Most notable of mentioning:
Karakuri Odette, a cute little shojo about an android girl who goes to a human school undercover in order to become "more human."  Love triangles and romantic comedy galore.

What I really wanted to talk about was this webcomic (click the banner for link):
 
Here is the description for the website: 
In a city split between humans and occult, Colin Aston just wants to run his diner and make bad coffee. A peaceful life isn't on the menu though, as a mysterious blonde shows up with a job only Colin is capable of performing. If he takes it, Colin will have to face sorcerers, politicians, and little old ladies... not to mention a secret that destroyed nearly half the city and hits a little too close to home.
 It's a very good read and I definitely recommend it.  So please click the banner and read!

I'm still tired from that 30 hour trek I made earlier this week, so I'm gonna go now.  Have fun, everyone!

No comments: