Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just when you start to think life is good...

Something comes along to fuck up your mood.

Ironically, after tonight's episode of family drama, what comes to mind is my English teacher's metaphor. "What's the plate that the chicken comes on," she asks?

It doesn't come on a plate at all. It's thrown smack right into your face.

Despite my previous bad encounters involving my immediate family, it seems I still haven't learned that in this world, there ain't no one who cares about you but yourself.  Not even your family.  It's a dog eat dog world.

Anyway, I've been doing nothing but listening to my Pandora songs lately; the Morning Benders come up quite often.  So often, that every time a song comes up, I actually hear the lyrics and think, "Wow, that's deep."


Excerpt from "Cross-eyed" by the Morning Benders 
we keep handing out our gifts
a gilded age keeps our hearts stiff
and apart
but what about our flesh and blood?
the product of our young love
is here to stay
a crosseyed mess led me from the flames into the dark
our empty promises keep us from bearing our hearts
but somewhere inside me there's a jealous mind
and i want it out of my head!!
i want it out of my head!!!!!
Simple, but profound. Today, I said to my friend of the song "Waiting for a War": "It's like a... I dunno, deep but logical commentary on society today, I guess."

Yeah, I'm way in over my head.

No comments: