Friday, August 12, 2011

#nowplaying "We're Going to Be Friends" by The White Stripes

It seems that my family is destined to never welcome the new school year well. Last year involved cops, and lets say that this year it was probably worse. I'm not the one who has it the worst though, so I don't know how to talk to my family about it.

So anyway, I realized that I no longer have a safe haven anymore, since both home and school is pretty much a battlefield.  There's a lot of tension at home, and very few people can be trusted at school. My principal broke yet more promises, the b*tch who stole my test and cheated off of it was not expelled, I have to face traitorous classmates who pretend like there's nothing wrong with the world.

It's so different from last year, when I was so excited to go to school.  My sister transferred to another school; we've pretty much always been on the same campus since I started Kindergarten in the Philippines, and we've pretty much had all the same classes together since fourth grade. Now that I'm a junior in high school, it's a bit scary to be by myself. At least I have surrogate sisters Emily and Sandra to help me make it through these last two years of high school (:

In the end, I tell myself that Becca and I need to start separating ourselves from each other, since we don't plan on going to the same university. But I will still miss my wonderful unni, who basically made all my friends for me and always helps me with my homework before she even starts hers.

I love you so much, Becca-unni! ♥♥♥

#nowplaying "New Slang" by The Shins

Well, today is Orientation Day. Don't have to be at school til 9 but I woke up at 3:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep so I've spent the last few hours getting ready.

Good enough for my school ID.

Lunch. It's not exactly aesthetically pleasing because of that strip of paper but I had to separate the sashimi balls from the potato salad and I didn't exactly know what else to do. I guess I'll just ask Mom to buy me a real bento box for the future.

Anyway, the potato salad is basically just mayo, dijon mustard, salt&pepper, mashed potatoes, a bit of boiled egg, some vegetable (I dunno what it's called but they're reminds me of leeks... but they're not leeks), onion powder (I don't like cutting real onions), some lemon juice, and just a little virgin olive oil.
It's quite tasty. :D

As for the "sashimi" balls, I got the idea from some another blog (I can't recall which one). It's basically rice, the yellow piece of a boiled egg, and pieces of roast beef. They look really cool, and they were fun to make (even though I had to keep cutting pieces of plastic wrap).

I'm going to eat the rest of the potato salad for breakfast, so baii.

No comments: