Friday, August 5, 2011

Skaters.

While most of the representatives of this subculture probably have the IQ of a peanut and the originality equivalent to Avril Lavigne's album The Best Damn Thing, the skater style is pretty damn hot (even if it's "old").




(I wanted to post some kick-ass skate videos from Youtube, but it I'm too lazy to look for them and nobody on Facebook has posted any lately).

Of course, it's really the skater bishies that make this subculture so appealing, but I really can't post any pictures of those.  Besides, the only pictures that give this category of bishie any justice are of some of my Facebook friends.  I've got to protect the innocent. >////< Muahahaha...

Notice: If you are a skater and you are my Facebook friend, this in no way means I think you're cute and constantly oggle you.  But it does mean that I like your shoes and your chunky headphones.  And even though I hate rap and all that shit you listen to, heavy metal does sound awesome. On occasion.

Notice: I realize that these pictures don't really encompass the true spirit of the skater.  It would appear that the authentic "Skater Spirit" can't be justly presented on the internet, as the true experience can only be attained after countless wasted hours hanging out with friends on the streets.  In my defense, I'd like to remind you that I am not a skater, so I don't really care.  Furthermore, since true skaters are out on the streets doing whatever the hell it is they do, you shouldn't really care either. (Actually I have no idea. I just don't care.)

Notice: I own none of the pictures above. If you do, thanks for posting it on the internet. I took the liberty of using it.


Edit (about a half hour later): See? This is kind of the type of video I wanted to post.
No, actually that's a lie. I just wanted one of those amateur videos where the camera just follows some teenagers skating through the city at various times of day, with heavy metal screeching in the background. But life doesn't work the way we want it to. What a surprise.

No comments: