Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No longer suffering from megalomania

I'm pretty sure I know what I want to be when I grow up. Well, "grow up" in a manner of speaking.  It's kind of embarrassing though, so I don't really want to say it.  But I'm excited for it.  For once, I have a real dream.

It's not like I didn't have dreams until now, but they were either unrealistic of trivial.  And anyway, it's not like I really had my heart set on becoming the first world dictator, or a doctor-teacher-lawyer-cop, or owning all manga that was ever published, or being awarded a Nobel prize, or marrying Aizen-sama, or becoming a world-renowned concerto pianist, or winning nationals in the Academic Decathlon competition and even going to Seoul to compete in Scholar's Cup with Becca and Emily, or designing my own 25-story mansion, or being a figure skating prodigy and participating in the Olympics, or finding the cure to cancer.
Actually, I might just be serious about marrying Aizen-sama.

Just kidding, although accomplishing all that would be terribly terrific.  But like I said, those are more like delusions rather than dreams.  Or perhaps they are dreams... the kind you have when you're asleep.

Well, all that aside, I just wanted to say I'm proud of myself, and I hope I'll be able to pluck up the courage to tell my parents soon.

Youth, it's beautiful.


No comments: