Sunday, January 29, 2012

Photography

Taking pictures has always just been a favorite hobby of mine. After all, it's the only artistic activity besides playing the piano that I was able to engage in because it's very mechanical and doesn't require me to draw, hold a paint brush, or anything of the difficult sort.  And you get instant gratification, hehehe...

Anyway, this semester I decided to take Photography 1A, in which I work with Black & White film. I've only been to 3 or 4 classes, but so far it's been very interesting. I've successfully developed my first roll of film, and can't wait to create the positives!


The assignment is to take pictures reflecting theme "Forgotten Spaces," so my sister and I brainstormed together and decided to focus on taking picture of people sitting around memorials. Even though these monuments were built to remember an aspect of society, we often forget about them and they just because part of the scenery. Anyway, it seems like a legit answer to the theme, so I'm sticking with it.

In other news, yesterday was Day 1 of the Academic Decathlon team competition. I'll make a full post about it next week after the awards ceremony, with a buttload of pictures to complement. I don't want to get my hopes up, but... I didn't freaking awesome in my interviews. Like I said, details to come.

Well, I have to write a 4-page essay for my English 1D class. I have to argue whether or not a safety net should be built for the Golden Gate Bridge, and I've gotta say, I'm pretty torn. Money or lives? And are those lives significant? I got a second opinion from 4 people. My best friends say no, my family says yes.

And I just had to wait til the night before to get started on this. Ai yi yi, Sarah, you never learn.

No comments: