Friday, January 13, 2012

Welcome to the NHK

Actually, it's a really great anime.  I guess most people would think it's pretty silly after watching only the first episode.  There's certainly a lot of humor, but I'm on the fourteenth episode right now, and I'm pretty astounded.  This episode is when the suicide party (sorry, spoilers) comes back from the island.  An old man tells the men, "You're idiots because only an idiot would throw away the lives that their parents tried so hard to give to them."  I'm not really good at analyzing things, just summarizing, so I won't bother saying much more besides, "You should watch this!!!"




This makes me think of how my parents think I'm ridiculous because I'm so into manga and anime. They only see it as "cartoons" that "only kids" watch. They're not the only ones, either.  My teachers, my classmates, and most of my friends think I'm wasting my time.  Perhaps they're right, and perhaps I should take a hint from this show and just go out and do something productive instead of slowly adopting the NEET lifestyle.  On the other hand, shows like "Welcome to the NHK" really open your eyes.  They remind you of memories you might not have wanted to remember and unearth issues that have to be confronted.


This week my sister turned seventeen.  Since her birthday, my friends have been staying the night and watching movies with us.  Tonight's the first night that it's just my family.  My parents were supposed to go to Hawaii on Wednesday, but it's already Friday morning and they're still here...

Anyway, I don't have much more to say, so I'll go ahead and break it off here.  Hope everyone's had a great time so far this year! |\(^___^)/|

No comments: