Monday, November 14, 2011

Tips for all-nighters

Tonight I am pulling another all-nighter, so the fact that I am blogging instead of fervently finishing my history packet shouldn't phase you.  After all, I am Sarah.

Lately I've perfected all-nighters to an art (that's how often I do them).  If you need some tips for situation when you're ACTUALLY doing your homework (not foolishly watching Personal Taste on a Sunday night, like a certain someone I happen to know a week or two ago), then you might find it helpful to take a gahander at what I do:

1. Blast music in your room (this may be a problem if your parents won't let you, but mine don't have regular sleeping hours anyway so it's all cool).  For me, I choose from three different playlists: up until about six months ago, it was indie, heavy metal, and things like that.  Franz Ferdinand truly became my best friend. Then for a few months it was all Asian music. Kpop, Jrock, you name it.  Here's a few songs that I have on that playlist:
Alone - The Outsiders
Sangatsu Kokonoka - Remioromen
Sakasama Bridge - Suneohair
1 Minute 1 Second - Epik High
Stand by Me - Shinee
Tsuki to Knife - Suga Shikao
But after a while those songs got me sleepy (especially Tsuki to Knife.  That song is also my sad and depressing song that I sing whenever I almost have suicidal tendencies), so about two weeks ago.. I switched to classical music! I'm a huge junkie because I play the piano, but actually blasting The Marriage of Figaro and full volume in da bomb!  Right now, I'm hooked on this CD that my pastor at church gave me:
I hope I never get sick of it, cuz it is seriously awesome!!!!

2. Work in portions. Half of one assignment, switch to the other, after about three take a break raid the fridge. At midnight I take a fifteen minute break to read a manga update to get my blood flowing (or, if there are no awesome updates, I just look up pictures of Aizen!!! jkjkjkjkjk. I'm not that crazy). I do this at about 2:30 am as well.

3. Tweet to keep yourself awake but STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM FACEBOOK. YOU WILL GET SUCKED IN AND YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE UNTIL IT'S ALREADY 2 IN THE MORNING AND YOU ARE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING SUICIDE.

4. Before it was Rockstar, and then it was coffee (with lots of cocoa mixed in), but those drinks are SO overrated. (Plus I've developed immunity to them). Right now, I'm all about Jasmine tea. I don't even know if it's caffeinated or not, but a boiling cup of tea sure does taste darn good after a long day at school and a long night ahead of you. So make yourself a pot and join me!

Okay, so I feel like a bit of a traitor wearing another high school's t-shirt, but I don't have any school pride anyway.  And my sister goes to Lincoln so it's all good.  Like my cup? It was hand-made in Japan. :P

Well, darlings, that's all for now. I have more to post (such as my realization that guys are much better friends than most girls, despite the generally negative effect they have on your sense of humor) but this will have to suffice for now.  

Hope the rest of the week pans out swell for y'all! I have at least five tests this week so send me love and brain cells! And tomorrow I'm finding out if I'll be able to go to England as a student ambassador this summer, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

HollyHogwarts *roar* said...

This makes me almost wish I was pulling an all-nighter.