Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Does it look like I got beat up?

Because that's how I feel. Every single day of my life, when I get bugged my some arbitrary matter that doesn't matter to me-- it never did, and it never will.  I'm sick of going to school and not being able to just learn.  Because my parents are suspicious of the teachers and write embarrassingly stupid letters so that everybody gives you strange looks. Because the administration doesn't do it's job and then tries to hide it with shameless lies. Because some students steal, lie, and cheat but get away with it and you have to see them every single day, like a knife that's slowly being pushed deeper into your lungs.

I can't breathe anymore.  I'm sick of putting my hope in people, their fake smiles, and their false promises.

I realized today that I don't really matter, that I'm just an excuse to start a fire, so I've made a resolution that I hope to stick to this school year: I'll let you make me the fire to burn down the remnants of something great.  I'll let you tarnish my name as you claim to act in my interest, or whatever.  And meanwhile, while everyone battles it out, I'll just keep living my life like always.  Going to class because I like the material.  Talking to the one or two friends I care about.  Writing depressing stories I'll never finish.  Eating lunch by myself.  Always reading manga or doing homework.

Doesn't anyone get why I wanted to ride my bike to school this year?

We're puppets, you and I.

No comments: