Sunday, June 19, 2011

Art project

I usually don't attempt to produce any visual art, seeing as how I'm a total and completely inept fail at it.
However, I was so bored this afternoon (and no, I didn't do my homework) that I tried something my cousin taught me a few years ago, which is to draw on Watercolor paper and paint in the color.

Here are the elements of inspiration:

Sasu and Kami, who I found on Giant Robot. [link]

The fireplace wall in my living room.
Please pay special attention to the phonograph:


Ines Estrada [link]
Who's been influencing me a lot lately
Thank you Giant Robot for the feature. [link]


And of course my ties to the piano.



Here's the progress of what I've done so far:


I left off here before calling it a night and will be picking up next Friday (because college classes between now and then won't permit me any free time to do something I like).

YES, I see the flaws. I will try to fix them, but if I can't... then well this is the best I can do anyway.  For some reason, the only hand-eye coordination I possess is with piano playing.. and that's mostly tactile memory anyway.  Why do I spend such a long time blogging about something that's not very great in the first place? I don't know. It's summer and I'm a teenager.  These things just happen.

Well my brother and his family is in town on vacation, plus I didn't do any of my homework yet, so I've got to go to sleep sometime or later for "tomorrow".  Ciao now, and I hope you enjoyed.  I'll leave you with some music.


No comments: